How to USC
1. What membership can you work out with?
2. Courses as of 13 September
3. New in the USC sports program
4. Passe-partout expanded
5. Booking and no show fee
6. My USC – mobile access: QR app
7. Corona guidelines
8. Sneak preview
1. WHAT MEMBERSHIP CAN YOU WORK OUT WITH?
USC has membership in all colors of the rainbow. So, there’s something out there for everyone! Check them out:
- Fitness – including group classes
- Climbing + fitness
- Padel + tennis
- Tennis + padel
- Martial arts
- Yoga + fitness
2. COURSES AS OF 13 SEPTEMBER
In the week of 13 September, a new course period starts at USC. In a couple of weeks you’ll either learn the basics of a certain sport, or improve your skills in a more advanced course. Check out the course overview!
3. NEW IN THE USC SPORTS PROGRAM
YOGA CLASSES INSTEAD OF COURSES AT USC BODY & MIND
USC Body & Mind will no longer offer you 9 week yoga courses. With a yoga, yoga + fitness or passe-partout membership, you can now join ALL classes in the yoga timetable instead. At both USC Body & Mind and the ClubWest yoga facilities.
TAEKWONDO + LIGHTSABER FENCING IN THE MARTIAL ARTS PROGRAM
Our newest additions to the martial arts membership: taekwondo and lightsaber fencing. Seriously? Yes, seriously. The sport is also known as ludosport, and a high fun factor is guaranteed. With your martial arts membership or passe-partout you can join taekwondo, lightsaber fencing and all 13 other martial arts on the USC program!
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COURSE
Do you want to perform better during your game? Join the 9 week course (2 training sessions per week!) Strength & Conditioning and improve your jumping power, speed and stamina. The course focuses on competitive athletes of all sports.
X-FIT IN THE GROUP FITNESS PROGRAM
Thinking slightly out of the (crossfit) box, but still inspired by the popular crossfit workouts. Don’t you mind a heavy sweat? Then the 45 minute X-Fit workout might really be a thing for you! Strength, stamina and sometimes a bit of competition. On the timetable at Universum and Amstelcampus.
4. PASSE-PARTOUT EXPANDED
The passe-partout membership will be worth more, but it won’t be more expensive! As of 6 September, the passe-partout will be properly extended:
- You can now join all yoga classes at USC Body & Mind with your passe-partout.
- Taekwondo and lightsaber fencing will be part of the passe-partout program.
- You can play squash with your passe-partout, but only during off-peak hours.
- Squash peak and off-peak hours: The peak hours at squash have changed a little. As of Monday 6 September, these hours will count as peak hours: Mon – Thu 17.15 – 21.45. Off-peak hours are all other hours during opening hours of Universum.
5. BOOKING AND NO SHOW FEE
You need a reservation for every visit to the USC sports program. The easiest way to do that is via the sports page from your sport on uscsport.nl. The most important reservation rules and what happens if you do not cancel, you can check out below. And maybe take a look at the USC house rules too.
- You can make a reservation 6 days in advance.
- You can have 2 active reservations for the upcoming 6 days. But as soon as your first reservation is over, you can make a new one. So, you can work out more than twice a week (if there are free spots)!
- The number of reservations is unlimited on the day itself. Except for squash, tennis and padel, where you can have max. 1 reservations a days.
CANCELLING | NO SHOW FEE
- Cancel up to one hour before the start of your reservation (but earlier is encouraged!).
- Are you not cancelling (on time)? Then you risk a no show fee of €3,-.
- Of course, it can happen that you forget to cancel by accident. That’s why we only give a warning the first time it happens.
- Are you not showing up another time while you made a reservation (within 3 months of your first warning)? You’ll receive a no show fee.
- Are you not paying the no show fee? In that case you can’t make a reservation/work out for 2 weeks.
- Your no show fee doesn’t end up on the big USC company pile. Check in which sports goal we’re investing the no show fee income.
- The no show fee does not apply to courses, competitions and single court rent for tennis, padel, squash and beachvolleyball.
6. MY USC – MOBILE ACCESS: QR APP
- You can choose how to enter USC facilities: with your finger scan or with the My USC – mobile access app. Download the My USC – mobile access app: Android and iOS.
- At some locations there’s no finger scan, you can only use the app in that case.
- If you use the My USC – mobile access app, you can easily scan the QR code on the access gates.
- If you scan the QR code or your finger, you’re automatically checked in for all reservations of that day on the USC location you check in.
- You didn’t succeed checking in by yourself? Let the trainer/instructor know. He/she will check you in.
- Please note: you’re responsible for your own check-in. If you aren’t checked in, we’ll register a no show.
7. CORONA GUIDELINES
They’re still there, the measures to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus:
- Stay home when feverish/ coughing/ sneezing / having a cold / experiencing loss of smell or taste or when in contact with someone showing these symptoms.
- You are asked to do a health check when you enter our facilities. If you answer one of the questions with yes, you cannot come in.
- Wash/disinfect your hands before and after your workout.
8. SNEAK PREVIEW
Of course we’re also making plans for the course of the season. A sneak preview:
- With the Book a Trainer concept, you can make a training schedule together with a USC trainer, enjoy a personal HIIT training, or get support for a specific sport. The trainer will have full focus on you and your wishes, on a date and time that’s convenient for you. This will be part of our program!
- Very soon, we’ll also be starting with USC Online (online workouts via Zoom) again. For if you don’t feel like riding your bike through the rain to USC.
- And last but not least… We hope to launch our new My USC site this calendar year! Because that one is up for an upgrade…