Direct debit memberships at USC
Since 31 August 2020, USC has switched to a system of memberships with no fixed end date for most of the sports. Find out how that works below.
NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS WITH A FIXED END DATE
All 10x, 25x, monthly, quarterly, half-year and year memberships (incl. off-peak hours) with a fixed end date won’t be offered any longer. There are about 150 memberships that we will no longer offer. Do you still have a membership with a fixed end date? Your membership will, of course, remain valid until that end date.
3 NEW MEMBERSHIP TYPES
Instead, there are 3 new membership types:
- A year membership via direct debit. This membership can be canceled monthly after 11 months (calculated from the starting date of your membership).
- A flex membership via direct debit. This membership can be canceled monthly immediately after purchase.
- A 15x entrance membership. This membership is valid for half a year.
A total of 27 memberships has replaced those 150 memberships with a fixed end date.
Since 31 August 2020.
Check the sports page of your sport to see the membership fees.
HOW TO PURCHASE THESE MEMBERSHIPS?
Preferably online, try to avoid queues at our front desks! Check this video to see how to make an account in My USC and how to purchase a membership. If you can’t figure it out, come to a front desk and we will guide you through your online purchase!
IS CANCELING GOING TO BE COMPLICATED?
Nope: we keep it real simple. Canceling is easily done in My USC, or just send an e-mail.
THE MARTIAL ARTS MEMBERSHIP
Since 31 August 2020, all martial arts are part of the martial arts membership. So you will no longer buy a specific membership for boxing or jiu jitsu, but one martial arts membership with which you can join all martial arts classes (with the exception of the martial arts courses)!
WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE OTHER SPORTS?
All course memberships remain unchanged. Same goes for the memberships of sports that are not mentioned above: nothing has changed.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
The introduction of these new memberships has great impact on both our organization and our members. Why are we doing it anyway?
- To reduce the administrative duties and lower the increasing pressure on our front desks.
- The enormous amount of memberships at USC makes our offer complicated and unclear. By limiting the choice – from 150 to 27 memberships – our organization will be easier to understand. For us, but mostly for our members.
- Monthly payment is very common in our market. Members no longer have to pay a large sum in one go if they go for the (cheapest) year membership. And the flex membership gives members the flexibility that is so highly valued in our society.
- These adjustments are necessary to make USC future-proof, from a financial perspective.
- The prepaid memberships with a fixed end date have made things very complicated for us during corona times. Complex arrangements have been set up to deal with this. Direct debit memberships make things way easier: if we are closed, we simply won’t collect.