USC is open: what you really need to know!
1. What membership can you work out with?
3. Making a reservation and no show fee
4. My USC – mobile access: QR app
5. House rules
1. WHAT MEMBERSHIP CAN YOU WORK OUT WITH?
On 5 June, all frozen memberships will be reactivated again. As of that moment, all regular memberships (excluding basketball) are for sale again. This includes:
All tennis & padel, bouldering & climbing, and squash memberships were already for sale.
For all members whose membership will be reactivated on 5 June, the following applies:
- all members with an direct debit membership will get a reduction of 4 days extra on their monthly installment in June. USC takes care of the days from 5 till 8 June: so you start paying as of 9 June.
- all memberships with a fixed end date will be extended automatically with the number of days you were not able to use your membership. And with 4 extra days because USC takes of care the days from 5 till 8 June.
- all members with a frozen membership will be personally informed on 3 June with a newsletter including more specific information.
Did you not receive an email and you do have some questions? Try your spam inbox first, and otherwise contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. MAKING A RESERVATION AND NO SHOW FEE
You need a reservation for every visit to USC. The easiest way to do that is via the timetable on the sports page of your sport at uscsport.nl. The most important reservation rules and what happens if you don’t cancel, you check out below:
- You can make a reservation 6 days in advance.
- You can have 2 active reservations for the upcoming 6 days. But as soon as your first reservation is over, you can make a new one. So, you can work out more than twice a week (if there are free spots)!
- The number of reservations is unlimited on the day itself.
CANCELLING | NO SHOW FEE
Booked a class, but can’t make it? Please cancel in advance: our capacity is limited!
- Cancel up to one hour before the start of your reservation (but earlier is encouraged!).
- Are you not cancelling (on time)? Then you risk a no show fee of €3,-.
- Of course, it can happen that you forget to cancel by accident. That’s why we give a kind warning the first time it happens.
- Are you not paying the no show fee? In that case you can’t make a reservation/work out for 2 weeks.
4. MY USC – MOBILE ACCESS: QR APP
You can choose how you enter USC: by using the finger scan or by using the My USC – mobile access app.
- Download the app: Android and iOS.
- If you choose to use the My USC – mobile access app, you check in by scanning the QR code at the access gates. This way (or by using your finger scan) you’re automatically checked in.
- Are you training outdoor or in a space that can’t be reached by using the access gates? Check in by scanning the QR code at the USC location.
- No smartphone? Use your finger scan or check in with your trainer/teacher.
- If you have booked two timeslots/classes in a row, you need to check in again for your second reservation as soon as your first reservation ends. You can do so by going through the gates again, with the My USC access app or with your finger scan, or by reporting to the instructor/teacher who can check you in again. If you don’t, USC will register a no show.
5. HOUSE RULES
Although we can work out indoor again and all memberships are reactivating, our house rules still are not what they once used to be. No high fives and no hugging in the sport facilities. Please read our additional corona house rules carefully before you visit USC. Only then we’ll be keeping it safe and responsible.
- Dressing rooms and showers are open for use.
- The saunas remain closed for now. We can’t register you there, and that’s mandatory for sauna visitors.
- Our catering facilities at most locations reopen. You’re welcome for lunch, drinks and dinner at Oerknal. ClubWest is serving great coffee and shakes again. At Amstelcampuscafé you can grab a drink during the evening hours on weekdays.